Thursday, January 26, 2012

Toddler fun

Today, by about 8:15, I started counting down the hours and minutes to nap time.

It has already been one of those days.

After talking to lots of other seasoned moms, reading plenty, and allowing myself to acknowledge the fact that Sawyer's showing THE signs...you know where this is going, don't you?

Yup, potty training.

He's got the vocab down, tells me when he needs to go pee-pee and poo-poo, knows the whole sit on the potty process, and absolutely detests wearing diapers.

The thing is, he doesn't want to sit on the potty without some sort of pants/undies/diaper on.

The boy loves to sit on the potty when mommy and daddy do, and even when I ask him to sit while he goes potty in his diaper. Once that bare-bottom is out, though, the melt-down begins. And oh my goodness, have I mentioned he has his daddy's lungs? And probably my dramatic tendencies.

So, today, we've had three pees on the floor, and zero wins for the potty. We watched potty videos (which he thought were awesome), we danced, did lots of positive affirmation for the little wins. But nada for the potty. I'd love to hear suggestions, I think. Actually, maybe just prayer.

Also, I'm out of toilet paper.

Also, it's pouring outside, which I normally love (I'm a rain and cold weather--why am I in Alabama, again?), but my toddler needs fresh air, and so do I when there's a crazy toddler inside.

Also, I need to go grocery shopping, but as I said, it's pouring.

Also, I have yet to shower (next on the list after mopping my pee-pee floors)

Also, this morning, Sawyer found a muffin and now there are crumbs everywhere--and I mean that very literally.

So, while I am utterly thankful for my hilarious and charming little boy, and the blessing of being able to stay home with him and manage our home, it was just one of those days where nap time couldn't come soon enough.

Thank you, Jesus, that nap time is here!

1 comment:

  1. Bless you both! I spent some time praying for you this morning! Have James show him how to hit the cheerios in the pot ... that may engage him. The standing up way may be easiest, first. :)

    ReplyDelete